Weber County will be increasing the fees for building permits and related fees effective 1-11-2021. The increase is necessary to help with the increased cost associated with meeting and exceeding service levels as mandated by the State of Utah for plan review and inspection services.
Please see below or the attached document for a list of the fee changes.
For questions or additional information, please contact the Weber County Building Official.
Weber County Building Official
Building Inspections Department
2380 Washington Blvd, Suite 270
Ogden, Utah 84401-1473
Weber County Building Permit Fee Increases
- The permit fee for a building valued between $1 – $2,000 will increase from $47 to $69.25.
- The latest edition of the building valuation data published by the International Code Council, by occupancy and type of construction, will continue to be used with the exception of finished basements. Finished basements will be valued at 50 percent of the building valuation data.
- Electrical fees (excluding solar installations) will increase from $47 to $150. Plumbing and Mechanical fees will increase from $47 to $100.
- Over the counter review fees will increase from $47 to $55 per hour for review time in excess of 30 minutes. The first 30 minutes will remain at $25.
- Reinspection fees will increase from $47 to $115.
- An investigation fee of $100 per hour will be added.
- An after hours inspection fee of $125 will be added (when made by request and approved by the Building Official).
- An administration and printing fee of $25 plus the cost of materials will be added (as requested).